Facebook Share
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow computer
Hi. I recently got this laptop and it's so bloody slow and so stressful to use it. What could be the issue. Please advice.
Return to top
Well a slow computer have many factors, it may be on the hardware or software side. If you can elaborate more in detail the hardware and software specification of your laptop i can give some advice on how you can optimize your laptop.

Have a great day....
Return to top
Hi. Could be the hard drive is fragmented to starting to fail. The thing is the laptop is temporarily mine. It is second hand and I am scared to fix any issues in case the owner asks for the for the laptop back. I am also thinking it could be the CPU is old? Am torn. I do not know the reason so I do not know what to do to increase the speed. I am just glad that at the moment I have a laptop to use. Thank you though for your concern.
Return to top
Yes, fragmentation is a factor but is not solely responsible. Other factors like low hardware specification (RAM,CPU) should also be considered. Speed is a combination of hardware ability and software drive speed so its basically the integration of these factors affects any device performance.
Return to top
I believe that it's the RAM of the laptop that is making it to be very slow. Try checking out the RAM size of the laptop in order to be sure that it's what's the problem.
Return to top
A computer's performance can be affected by the RAM and processor. If your computer is low on RAM, i might be slow. If you are using older version of the processor, your computer might be slow. If you think you already have good RAM and processor, try doing virus scan. Sometimes virus also slows your computer's performance.
Return to top
(10-31-2018, 02:43 AM)chameli Wrote: A computer's performance can be affected by the RAM and processor. If your computer is low on RAM, i might be slow. If you are using older version of the processor, your computer might be slow. If you think you already have good RAM and processor, try doing virus scan. Sometimes virus also slows your computer's performance.

True, some virus can hinder the speed capacity of computers and laptops. These are some virus that can make the computer hang and once the system hangs, it's never going to be used for anything until it reboots.
Return to top
(10-31-2018, 06:22 AM)Heatman Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 02:43 AM)chameli Wrote: A computer's performance can be affected by the RAM and processor. If your computer is low on RAM, i might be slow. If you are using older version of the processor, your computer might be slow. If you think you already have good RAM and processor, try doing virus scan. Sometimes virus also slows your computer's performance.

True, some virus can hinder the speed capacity of computers and laptops. These are some virus that can make the computer hang and once the system hangs, it's never going to be used for anything until it reboots.

A regular virus scan can boost your computer performance. If you are using your computer for a long time, over heating can also make your computer slow. Your computer can get slow if you or running several programs at the same time.
Return to top
(11-01-2018, 03:34 AM)chameli Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 06:22 AM)Heatman Wrote:

A regular virus scan can boost your computer performance. If you are using your computer for a long time, over heating can also make your computer slow. Your computer can get slow if you or running several programs at the same time.

The issue of damages caused by computer virus is the main reason why it's very important to always use anti virus software which is updated always to keep out any virus attacks.

Overheating is generally caused by dust particles. So regular maintenance and cleaning of the system as well as covering it when it's not in use can prevent this problem.
Return to top
Some of the reasons for slowing down of your computer are:
Fragmentation
Virus
Low Ram
Outdated programs
Older version of Processor
Some of these issues can be easily sorted out, for instance you can regularly de-fragment your hard drive for better performance. Using updated anti virus can improve your computer's performance. When you are bying a computer always make sure it has the latest processor and high RAM.
Return to top