Facebook Share
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse or touchpad?
Some people prefer connecting mice on their laptops even if they have functional touchpads. According to one of them is that using a mouse is faster and you can perform more functions than using a touchpad. What are your views, are there any advantages associated with using mice/ touchpads?
Return to top
I prefer mouse because its very convenient in terms of ergonomics and functions. The mouse is movable that you can adjust positions to your liking. Unlike touch pads, your hands are more static that sometimes susceptible to numbness and joint pains.
Return to top
(07-17-2018, 06:02 AM)fishbate Wrote: I prefer mouse because its very convenient in terms of ergonomics and functions. The mouse is movable that you can adjust positions to your liking. Unlike touch pads, your hands are more static that sometimes susceptible to numbness and joint pains.
True sentiments. many people would prefer to use a mouse.
Return to top
I like both because it has different use. I often use a mouse or a joystick when playing games on my laptop. While if I'm doing work, I usually use my pad. I think that games can be played and enjoyed better by using a mouse than a touchpad.
Return to top
A mouse is freer than a touch pad. It can easily access a point on the screen whereas in touch pads the pads control your access. In other words, with a mouse you're the boss. With a touch pad , you work within it's system. I've been asking myself about this thing before, the difference of using a mouse and the other thing. I just wanted the mouse because it was more user friendly, more freedom to navigate.
Return to top
I prefer using mice. It's more convenient and I feel comfortable using it. I have trouble using track pad.
Return to top
(07-25-2018, 08:19 AM)Annejk18 Wrote: I prefer using mice. It's more convenient and I feel comfortable using it. I have trouble using track pad.

That is very true, and especially if the touchpad is defective, it can lead you to a different place you had not intended to go.
Return to top
I do use a laptop, but even though it has a touchpad, I still connect a USB mouse to it. TS was right by saying that you get to be more productive with a mouse as it's easier and faster to use. I also experience problems regarding dragging and dropping files when I use the touchpad.
Return to top
When I started using a laptop for the first time, I was not very comfortable using the touch pad. Since I was used to a mouse on a desktop computer, I kind of found problems with touch pads. Therefore, I connected mouse on my laptop. However, later I discovered that using a mouse with laptop was not as easy as on desktop. Then I began using the touch pad.
Return to top
The mouse moves the cursor on your screen rather than your hands mimicing the cursor. So the movement is more stable or limited for a mouse and covering a wider area rather than a touch pad that sometimes run out of space for your finger to move around. The mouse is also faster and more covenient to use and if only for that, it has become more user friendly.
Return to top