Facebook Share
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running successful mail servers.
A tremendous amount of orders we receive are for email servers for mailing lists, and many other uses.  This is fine however you must make sure you fall in compliance with our ANTI-Spam features and do not abuse resources during this process.  If you are interested in hosting or running a email server with us you should follow these steps to keep your IP from being blocked from sending mail.  Also below those steps will be a article linked on "bounced" or "bouncing" mail.  It is the marketers responsibility to handle where there emails go and whats contained inside of the mail.  A lot of times people are running legitimate mail servers for lists or forums and legitimate advertising, but they receive a ton of bounced or denied mail, this is in part of company's trying to filter and get rid of a lot of illegal "Spam".  Make sure you follow these guidelines when setting up a mail server,  i suggest reading the second article if you do not understand why you are getting so much bounce mail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounce_message  This article will help you understand why you are receiving so many hard bounces. (This can create high VPS loads and HDD abuse from a client if not managed properly)

Thank you,

- Russ
Reply Return to top
Thanks for this informative article Russ.
Reply Return to top
This information is very helpful and very informative, I appreciate the effort dished in to put it in this manner for easy understanding. On the issue of getting hard bounces, I'm impressed with the information about what might be the cause in the article.
Reply Return to top
Wow, great article! At my work we used to have our own dedicated server for mail, but had issues often. Finally a few years ago we switched to gmail, an everything was smoother. Last year we changed to Office 365 though, as it's something more complete. Sometimes, going with an existing solution is the best way to go.
Reply Return to top
(04-20-2018, 07:27 AM)to7update Wrote: Wow, great article! At my work we used to have our own dedicated server for mail, but had issues often. Finally a few years ago we switched to gmail, an everything was smoother. Last year we changed to Office 365 though, as it's something more complete. Sometimes, going with an existing solution is the best way to go.

I am also planning to switch to gmail. Thank you for letting me know how awesome it is.
Reply Return to top