Facebook Share
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why you should choose GIGEBOX and not use a public VPN provider - trust me!
Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs, turn out to be less private than the name suggests, and not just because service providers may keep more records than they acknowledge.

Security researcher Paolo Stagno, also known as VoidSec, has found that 23 per cent (16 out of 70) of VPN providers tested leak users' IP address via WebRT.

WebRTC is a popular free open-source project that has been implemented in web browsers to allow real-time communication via JavaScript APIs. It's used to implement browser-based chat apps, for example.

Browsers that have WebRTC enabled by default:
  • Brave
  • Edge (it does not leaks at the moment since it doesn’t support ‘createDataChannel’)
  • Epiphany (Gnome)
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Google Chrome
  • Google Chrome on Android
  • Internet (Samsung Browser)
  • Opera
  • Vivaldi
Stagno suggests disabling WebRTC, among other measures to protect privacy. In Chrome, that requires an extension, such as uBlock Origin. In other browsers, the fixes vary.

17% of the tested VPNs and Proxies services disclosed the real IP address of the visitors making the users traceable.

The following big name providers leaks users’ IP:
  • BlackVPN
  • ChillGlobal (Chrome and Firefox Plugin)
  • CyrenVPN
  • Glype (Depends on the configuration)
  • hide-me.org
  • HideMyAss
  • Hola!VPN
  • Hola!VPN Chrome Extension
  • HTTP PROXY in browser that support Web RTC
  • IBVPN Browser Addon
  • PHP Proxy
  • phx.piratebayproxy.co
  • PrivateTunnel
  • psiphon3 (not leaking if using L2TP/IP)
  • SmartHideProxy
  • SOCKS Proxy on browsers with Web RTC enabled
  • SumRando Web Proxy
  • TOR as PROXY on browsers with Web RTC enabled
  • Windscribe Addons (Browser Extension/Plugin)
Some tips to follow in order to protect your IP during the internet navigation:
  • Disable WebRTC
  • Disable JavaScript (or at least some functions. Use NoScript)
  • Disable Canvas Rendering (Web API)
  • Always set a DNS fallback for every connection/adapter
  • Always kill all your browsers istances before and after a VPN connection
  • Clear browser cache, history and cookies
  • Drop all outgoing connections except for VPN provider
Proof of Concept:

You can check if your VPN leaks through this POC: http://ip.voidsec.com

I know you're probably thinking, what about GIGEBOX - a hosting provider offering VPN services?

I can reassure you, we do NOT leak your data - Click image below for our results!

As you can see in the attachment above, our server ip address and our private vpn address is displayed.

If your provider is vulnerable, it would leak your personal / home IP information and put your privacy at risk!

Reference: https://voidsec.com/vpn-leak/

Regards,
| GIGEBOX LIMITED
https://www.gigebox.com/
Reply Return to top
Interested and fairly useful information, thank you for sharing it. I got to say, it is real nerve wrecking when the topic of leaking is well and out there. Really goes to show you we are being watched one way or another.
Reply Return to top
I have been so worried about how to always have my IP address not leaked by my browser and I still couldn't get the best solution to this issue. I have tried using some privacy VPN software downloaded from Google play store but it fails sometimes which still leaves my privacy vulnerable.

I appreciate the information provided in the article about how to go about protecting your IP by doing certain things like clearing your cookies and browsing history etc. I'm definitely going to see how to incorporate the use of Gigebox if it's possible for in order to have my privacy fully protected from leaks.
Reply Return to top
These tips on how to protect your privacy in this article are definitely staying deep down in my thinking faculty and it's never going out ever again. Disabling WebRTC, Javascript, Disable Web API, killing browser istances before and after VPN connection and clearing browser cache, history and cookies. There are going to be very helpful, thanks for sharing.
Reply Return to top
Thanks for the info, this is really amazing.
Reply Return to top
Thanks for this information. It will really help me a lot.
Reply Return to top
Thanks for the tips. From now on, I will make it a habit to clear my browser history, cache, cookies and, other stuff to be more protected surfing the internet.
Reply Return to top