Facebook Share
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rise and Fall of IOS Security
We loved what apple used to do about security.  I recently lost my iPad and I found out that if the attacker has your IPhone and your passcode is compromised, you lose your data: your passwords to a third party online accounts: your Apple ID password. Finally ,you lose access to all other Apple device that are registered with your Apple ID: they can be wiped out or locked remotely.  Who else has ever experienced such?
Reply Return to top
I don't have any clue about this because I'm not an iPhone user. In fact, I have never used an iPhone before and never planned to use any one anytime soon because of how expensive the company's products are. An average income earner like myself cannot afford to use more than 3 months salary of my pay to just buy one phone and remain hungry. It's not a wise thing to do.
Reply Return to top
This is a very big mess that a reputable company like Apple wouldn't care about its users security and privacy protection. For the fact that there products are awfully expensive, they should make enough provisions for securing the safety of their customers data in any case of lost device. But not doing anything about this show how carefree they are about their customers satisfaction. I'm not impressed with this information.
Reply Return to top
I don't think that's true I have iPhone, iMac and iPad's and they have a feature called Find my iPhone that basically locks all your devices to your apple ID account, if the hacker had those credentials then yes you're pretty much out of luck, yet if they just have your device password then you're pretty safe and can usually track your device to the location.

Always remember - four digit pass codes can easily be cracked, try using a long mixture of characters instead.
| GIGEBOX LIMITED
https://www.gigebox.com/
Reply Return to top
(04-25-2018, 06:07 AM)Heatman Wrote: I don't have any clue about this because I'm not an iPhone user. In fact, I have never used an iPhone before and never planned to use any one anytime soon because of how expensive the company's products are. An average income earner like myself cannot afford to use more than 3 months salary of my pay to just buy one phone and remain hungry. It's not a wise thing to do.

Hi @Heatman? I think that normally depends on where you stay.  In states,  you can easily get an iPhone that is second hand, in good condition and really cheap. Do not give up my dear friend. Plus if you save for one,  you can easily afford it.  Personally I cannot  buy one because when it gets stolen or lost I would die.  Such a huge loss.  I Normally prefer to buy a cheap phone so that in case anything happens I can easily afford another one!.
Reply Return to top